Free Photo Recovery Software to Recover Deleted & Lost Photos
- Recovers all popular photo file formats including JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, PNG, DNG, CRW, CR2, ARW, PSD, IMG, etc. from hard drive, memory cards, external hard drive, pen drive, USB flash drive, and other mass storage devices
- Identifies and recovers lost & deleted photo files based on their unique file signatures
- Comes in free demo Windows & Mac editions that recovers deleted & lost photos, videos, music files, and other media files, and allows a free preview of the recovered files prior to saving
Testimonials and User Reviews
With the evolution of digital technology, it has now become easy to capture and store endless photos and videos in a storage drive. The only disadvantage of having too many images is the possibility of losing all of them in one swift blow. This may happen if your hard drive crashes or corruption in the storage device containing your photos, accidental deletion or if a virus takes over your storage device. If something like this strikes, don't worry thinking about how to recover my photo because it is possible to recover lost pictures with the help of a photo recovery wizard.
My Photo Recovery Software is an ideal choice when it comes to restoring deleted or lost photo files on Windows and Macintosh machines. Let's have a look at one common scenario where you can use the photo recovery tool. Suppose you captured amazing pictures using your new digital camera and in order to free up some storage space on your camera memory card you transferred all the photos to your PC. After transferring the file you removed all the photos from the camera memory card. But, one day while deleting unwanted files from your system you accidentally choose the folder containing your valuable photographs also and delete it by using Shift+ Delete keys. The pictures deleted via Shift-Delete keys are said to be permanent deletion as it is not possible to restore those files from the recycle bin or the trash.
At this point, one might think that deleted precious pictures are beyond recovery by performing the permanent deletion. Well, you can make use of Recover My Photo software to get back pictures in a hassle-free way. The advanced file search algorithms of this amazing application will find your lost or deleted photos in a couple of mouse clicks. Similar to the above-stated scenario, there are many more situations where you might end up losing vital photo files.
Various instances wherein photos get deleted or lost from the storage drive
- Unintended Formatting: When you accidentally format the storage drive/card, all the existing image files are wiped
- Virus Infection: If your storage device is infected by the dreadful viruses, all your photo files might get corrupted
- Emptied Recycle Bin or the Trash folder: The pictures get permanently deleted if you mistakenly empty the Windows recycle bin or the Mac trash folder
- Sudden Power Off: Abrupt system shut down, power surges or low battery whilst using image files are in use will make the photos go missing or inaccessible
- Incomplete File Transfers: Partial or an interrupted transfer operation while transferring photo files might also result in photo loss
- File System Corruption: Drive file system corruption due to firmware corruption or software failure also result in loss of photos
- Improper Usage of the Drive: Forcible ejection of the drive during while the drive is in use results in file loss/corruption
- Other Reasons: Many times the user may lose vital photographs due to hardware failure, software malfunction, partition corruption, and sudden system reboot, and so on
The My Photo Recovery tool is designed to overcome all these situations of picture loss or deletion. This application is driven by a powerful recovery engine that deep scans the system drive and extracts the deleted photos from it.
What actually happens when photos are deleted or lost from a storage device?
Recovery of deleted or lost photos is possible because when you perform delete operation on a photo file, it will not get permanently erased. Only the pointers that stores the address of those files are removed and the memory space (occupied by the deleted photo files) is made as available for reuse. Therefore, until that space is not overwritten by new data, photo restoration is highly possible using this proficient photo recovery software.
Do's and Dont's:
What not to do: Don't capture new pictures or save other media files on your storage drive after encountering data loss. Otherwise, the recoverable photos might get be overwritten and photo recovery may not be possible by any means
What to do: Perform the recovery of lost photo files as soon as possible by utilizing the advanced My Photo Recovery program before the pictures get overwritten
Remarkable features of the My Photo Recovery tool
- Offers picture file restoration a secure and quick set of steps
- Easily recovers deleted photo files of all popular photo file formats along with other media files such as video and audio
- The photo recovery program also supports the recovery of the RAW images captured from all popular professional Digital SLR cameras
- Effortlessly recovers photos lost after system restore, accidental deletion, emptying Recycle Bin, formatting the drive, and other data loss scenarios on all the latest Windows operating systems that include- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003, and 2008
- Mac version of My Photo Recovery software is compatible with different versions of Mac OS X such as Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mac OS X Mavericks, Mac OS X Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan, Mac OS X Sierra, and Mac OS X High Sierra
- User can even use this utility to recover RAW image files captured using digital cameras like Canon, Nikon, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Olympus, Sanyo, Philips, Kodak, LG, and many others
- You can employ this app to recover photos from the hard drive and other external devices of various brands
- Allows users to preview the photo files, so that one can recover exact photo file before saving process
- Lists all the revived photos based on their filename, size, creation date, and modified date
- Supports media files recovery from memory cards of various types, such as SD, SDXC, SDHC, CF, MMC, xD, etc.
- By trying its free trial version user can check the efficiency of recovery before buying the software
Video Tutorial on How to Recover Deleted and Lost Photos
How to recover my photos on Windows/Mac?
Step 1: Install the Recover My Photo software on your system.
Step 2: Select the Recover Photos option from the main screen options.
Step 3: Browse the logical drive that stored the deleted photos and click on the Scan icon.
Fig A: Main Window
Step 4: The tool starts scanning the selected drive for the deleted images.
Fig B: Scanning in Progress
Step 5: You can check for the scan results under Data View and File Type View layouts.
Fig C: List of the Restored Files
Step 6: To preview any photo, just right-click on the particular file item.
Fig D: Preview Recovered Files
Step 7: Mark the required images for saving.
Step 8: Choose a suitable drive location to save regained photos. Press on the Save button.
Fig E: Save the Recovered Data