How to Recover Pictures from Damaged External Hard Drive?
If you find your hard drive is damaged and lost access, then how would you recover lost files or pictures from damaged external hard drive? Well, the Recover My Photo software can effectively scan the damaged hard drive and recover all your files including the pictures in a few clicks. So, get the trial version now and freely preview the recovered pictures even before purchasing the license of the software. Download now!!!
An external hard drive is the most useful portable storage device for computer users. These devices usually come with large storage capacity and can be easily carried wherever required. If you want to backup important data or else if you want to transfer files from one system to another system then external hard drive comes in handy. However, there’s one common threat associated with external hard drives and that is- damages to the hard drive. If an external hard disk gets damaged then you’ll lose access to all your important data that that resides on the drive.
What damages the external HDD?
- Improper Handling: If the external hard drive is not used in a proper way or in other words if it is mishandled, then the device might get damaged after which you will lose pictures and other data from it
- File System Corruption: Due to any unforeseen reason, if the file system of the external hard drive gets corrupted, then the device will surely get damaged which in turn results in severe loss of data including your valuable picture files
- Abrupt Ejection: If the external hard drive is abruptly ejected from the computer, then there are great possibilities for the external hard disk corruption
- Bad sectors on the disk: Severe formation of the bad sectors on the external HD drive can give rise to errors and inaccessibility
- Interrupted file transfer: Even certain interruptions occurred whilst transferring files from the external hard disk to some other drive will also lead to damages to the hard drive files
Upon encountering pictures loss from the external hard drive due to any of the above-described scenarios, then use the picture recovery utility to get back photos from damaged external HDD.
Pictures Recovery from Damaged External Hard Drive
Recover My Photo is the best-suited tool for retrieving photos from a damaged external HD drive. This proficient picture retrieval tool is built with the advanced algorithms that deep scans the external HDD and extracts data from it. If the disk consists of bad sectors then it creates a disk image of the external hard drive and then securely extracts data from it. The tool completely assures that the original data on the removable hard drive is not modified. The tool returns all the restore HD files in a preview window at the end of the scan process. You can easily identify the recovered hard drive files, as they will be listed according to their filename, size, creation date, and modified date.
One can run this program on any edition of Windows ( Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and Server editions) and Macintosh machines (High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Snow Leopard, Leopard, Mountain Lion, Lion, and so on). You can also check out the demo version of this recovery tool and then buy the licensed version.
Highlighting features of the external hard drive tool-
- The program works with FAT, NTFS, exFAT, HFS, and HFS+ disk file systems
- Recover different types of picture files including JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, etc.
- The software can even the RAW picture files created by digital cameras
- Designed with a user-friendly interface for hassle-free picture recovery
- Capable to retrieve files from system drives, SSD, USB drives, memory cards, memory sticks, and so on
- Supports all brands of removable external hard drives such as WD, Seagate, Hitachi, Iomega, Buffalo, LaCie, Samsung, and so on
Steps to recover pictures from a damaged external hard drive
Step 1: Attach the external hard drive to the computer.
Step 2: Open the installed Recover My Photo software and select the Recover Photos option.
Step 3: Locate the external drive from the list of the connected drives.
Fig A: Main Window
Step 4: The tool starts to scan and restore the deleted pictures from the HD drive you selected.
Fig B: Scanning in Progress
Step 5: Then you can check for the regained photos under Data View and File Type View panes.
Fig C: List of Restored Files
Step 6: You can preview the images and mark them for saving.
Fig D: Preview Recovered Files
Step 7: Set the destination drive location to save the photos recovered from the external hard drive.
Fig E: Save the Recovered Data